Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 12: Dover

Today was one of our big excursion days in Dover!  While walking in the tube Lauren and I laughed our heads off talking to Bryant.  He is our Art History teacher's brother and he is hilarious! He always wears 6 plasters (bandaids) on his feet because he has blisters from what he calls his "steel shoes" and makes the best comments.  He is the nicest guy ever and calls Lauren and I his favorites of the group!


We took an hour train ride to get to Dover and then had to hike this huge hill to get to the Dover Castle.  We were prepared for cold weather so we put lots of layers on and by the time we got there we were exhausted and hot! But it was worth it because it was gorgeous!


We had an hour to wander around and so Lauren and I went and took TONS of pictures! Which means I have a lot of editing to do! One of my favorite shots I got was from the inside of a tunnel :) There were so many cool doors, gates, and tunnels and the view was incredible! I just wanted to stay there all day!


Then we wandered down to the shore and took some amazing shots! It was so much fun! The ground was all rocks! We were all laying on the ground and we looked like soldiers taking pictures of the rocks :) We took so many pictures and made awesome videos, and I even did a little dance as the queen :)




Then we headed back to the train station and got back around 9:00 :) When I got home I FaceTimed my family, ate pasta for dinner, and got ready for bed. I spent the rest of the night editing pictures for my photography class.  I am LOVING it here in London and can't believe we leave on Wednesday to go to Brussels! I have so much to do in so little time but I'm so excited for these last days in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment