Wednesday, May 15, 2013

When No One Was There...

After posting about my horrible day I finally got ahold of my mom and she FaceTimed me.  I tried to keep it together but I couldn't do it so I just started balling while sitting in our small bathroom.  We talked a little about my day and everything that had happened.  I told her how when I really needed her, or Pete, or anyone for the matter that no one was there.  She said something that hit me really hard.  She said how when she was on a study abroad in Austria that she grew closer to her Heavenly Father than ever before.  It was a time for her to find herself and grow closer to her Father in Heaven who is always there no matter what.  We talked a little after that about everything and how we could order my dress online and how I need to focus on the experience rather than trying to stress about buying things for everyone and doing well on my assignments.  It was amazing at how by talking to her for five minutes and letting it all out helped so much but I still wasn't fully comforted.  I ended the FaceTime call and decided to get down on my knees and pray.


It was amazing at how everything went quiet and I felt completely at peace as I prayed to my Heavenly Father.  It was in that moment that I realized that there is always someone there.  I may not be able to see or hear my Heavenly Father through FaceTime but I can assure you that I felt complete peace tonight as I prayed.  

I know that our Father in Heaven listens to us and he hears our prayers.  I know that if we go to him and ask for comfort that he will give us that peaceful feeling we are longing for.  I know that it is in our trials that we become stronger and closer to our Heavenly Father.  I know that this is the true church and I am so grateful for the gospel in my life.  I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be in Europe and to experience many new things.  I know that I can get through anything if I just turn to my Heavenly Father and put my trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment