Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 24: The Orsay, The Rodin Museum, and Shopping

Today has been such an amazing day! I know I might say that about every day but it really has been a great day! We went to the Orsay and I absolutely LOVED it! It's like the more and more museums I go to the more I fall in love with Art History.  The one thing I was mostly excited about was to see Degas Little Dancer sculpture :) My mom gave me the book when I was little with a necklace and I will never forget it! So thanks mom for giving me a little piece of art that I now appreciate sooo much! I bought a children's book so that I can read it and give it to my own daughter someday! :)



We wandered through the museum and I was on cloud nine looking at art :) We met back up with the group and then we were set off to do our own thing the rest of the day.  Lauren and I knew exactly where we were headed...The Salad Bar! It was the most amazing meal I have had since I have been here.  It was so fresh and soo delicious!





After lunch Lauren and I wandered around Paris trying to find the Rodin Museum.  It was so windy and cold and was raining a little bit, so you can only imagine how funny it was so watch us try and read the map while holding our umbrellas and walk :)  We finally found it and went to get our assignment done quick but surprisingly really enjoyed it.  It was all sculptures which was different from other museums we've been to but I actually really liked it! Here are some pictures of the famous ones :)


 The Thinker

 The Burghers of Calais

 The Three Shades

The Kiss

After the Rodin Museum we headed down to Champs Avenue and did some shopping, oh and we ran into the Arc de Triomphe as well :) It was like I was in a dream! I still can't believe I am in Paris!



While shopping we went to the Nike store and I got a really cute Paris shirt that I'm excited to wear and work out in!  We also happened to come upon some Abercrombie and Fitch models so of course you have to take a picture ;)  Sorry Pete... :) just remember how much I love you!!




So I also found my new favorite ice cream (and I even like it better than Chocolate Banana Shakes)...Haagen-Dazs CHOCOLATE BANANA BROWNIE ice cream :) It is amazing!!!! :) I can't even describe how happy it made me!!  



After that we headed back to our hotel and it started pouring rain! I feel like Lauren and I have a lot of pictures with our umbrellas because it is always raining here!



We stayed inside and worked on homework and had a personal lecture with my Art History teacher on Versailles! It was an hour filled with sooo much information but I loved it!  Then after that I had the best time FaceTiming Pete :) It literally was the best conversation! He made me laugh, smile, and fall even more in love with him! We even got to play charades because he couldn't hear me at the end :) and that was sure fun!  After that I worked on my blog and got ready for bed.  I have a busy day tomorrow so I hope I can actually get some good sleep tonight.  I didn't eat at McDonald's today so I'm hoping that will make a difference ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment