We met at 10:00 am and left for the British Museum! The museum was so big and there was so much to see! I had my first assignment for my Art History class today.
We also had to look at the Rosetta Stone which was an inscription written in different languages that helped decipher the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic script. The top decree was written in hieroglyphs, the middle decree was written in demotic, and the bottom was written in Greek. It was first discovered in mid July of 1799 by soldiers in Napoleon's invading army at the town of Rashid. There were so many people huddling around it so it must be a very important artifact!
Then we had to visit the Byzantine and Medieval galleries. There were some interesting things. A lot of the Medieval things were very small because they had to transfer it around with them. They made lots of useful objects like rings and pottery. The Byzantine objects had lots more gold and symbols that meant something. It was interesting to see the difference between the two.
After the museum we went to the Borough Market! There was so much food it was overwhelming! We had two and a half hours to explore! I had a Lime Chicken sandwich and it was huge! It was so hard to eat but so good!
After that we wandered around and looked for sweets :) I was craving chocolate, surprising huh? So I got a brownie! It was delicious :)
After that we kept wandering around taking pictures of everything! We finally decided to wander around outside of the market so we walked over to the London Bridge! It was so cool to actually see it in person! It was so windy but so much fun! Then we got Diet Cokes and enjoyed a nice beverage on the bridge!
Oh my goodness! Guess what Lauren got...chocolate covered strawberries that were put on a little stick and then the chocolate was poured on them right before our eyes from a chocolate fountain! We were in heaven and they were DELICIOUS! I thought of you mom! :)
We met back at four and then headed home. We decided to go ahead of the group and try to find out way back home...well turns out we took a long way home and got back the same time as the rest of the group, but it was fun to adventure off on our own! When we got home I did some homework (ok well I tried...who wants to do homework in London when you can be out adventuring?!) and then switched pictures with some girls and rested till we had to meet again at 6:30 pm.
At 6:30 we headed out to Big Ben to take photos, on our way I decided to do a "Brittany Broadcast" using my tripod as my microphone. Lauren and I started working on our British accents and then throughout the rest of the night it became a habit! We'll be pro by the time we come home just you wait!
When we got to Big Ben it started to rain! It was so cold and so windy! But since we are in London we decided to make the best of it and we had so much fun!
We lost our teacher while we were there so after walking around in the cold for awhile we decided to head back to the flat. We got home, ate some pasta, and then I tried to Facetime with the family. It worked for a little bit and then all of a sudden they couldn't hear me :( so we tried Skype and then they couldn't see me...everything was just going wrong but it was so good to talk to them! I miss them like crazy! Well I'm off to bed, I've got a busy day again tomorrow!















No comments:
Post a Comment