On the train ride I was able to finish my homework from Brussels and then I had the rest of the time to read the Book of Mormon :) I got to Alma 55! Pete and I are reading it together before we get married and so we made a goal that we had to finish Alma before I got home, and I'm going to do it!! When we got to Paris I already had a better feeling than I did with Brussels.
We weren't quite sure where to go to get on our bus but we finally got ahold of the bus driver and hauled all our luggage to it. Our luggage barely fit on the bus! We had a half an hour bus ride to our hotel. We are staying at Ajiel Hotel and Lauren and I got lucky enough to get our own room when everyone else has 3 people in their rooms! We are living it up in our room with our small bed...can you say cuddle time with Lauren!!
We had the rest of the day to get settled in and unpack. I can't wait till I don't have to haul around my luggage and unpack everything, and I can't wait to have clean clothes!! After I unpacked I spent a good amount of time FaceTiming Pete :) It literally made my day! The WiFi wasn't horrible like it was in Brussels so we could actually talk without it being cut off randomly. He makes me smile and I can't wait to see him :)
After that Lauren and I went to go eat dinner. It has kinda become a tradition to eat at McDonald's for our first meal in each city we've gone to. And we always get chicken nuggets, frites (fries), and our favorite...Coca-Cola Light! So here is to a good first meal in Paris at McDonald's ;)
After dinner we started walking back to hotel and ran into some of our group outside a bakery. They said that the eclairs were to die for so of course I had to get one ;) I got a chocolate icing one with chocolate filling! It was way good! I don't think my stomach likes all this crap I'm eating though :( I need to start eating better...when I get home ;)
Lauren and I spent the rest of the night editing pictures and then got a little distracted making some awesome videos and taking lots of pictures...here are only some of the many we took.
We finally decided to start getting ready for bed and I was hoping to be able to FaceTime my family, but my WiFi wasn't working ;( It makes me miss London's WiFi. After trying to get warm in our freezing cold room, I finally fell asleep.



No comments:
Post a Comment