Wednesday, May 08, 2013

My dream of going to Europe.

I've wanted to start a blog forever and so I finally got myself to do it!  I decided it would be the perfect way to share my experiences while I am on one of the greatest adventures of my life!

It all started back during my Freshman year of college at Utah Valley University when I had decided I wanted to go on a study abroad.  I looked into the different programs and decided that Europe: Art History and Photography-May 2012 was perfect for me! I have always dreamed of going to Europe and so I was so excited to make my dream become a reality.  Unfortunately my grandpa passed away right around the time the papers were due and so my dream was put aside.

As soon as I started my Sophomore year there was something that just felt right about going on a study abroad.  I got all the paper work again and was determined this was my year, I was going to Europe and nothing was going to stop me.  I immediately filled all the paper work out, paid the fees, and turned it all in two weeks before the due date.  Now all I had to do was wait for the interview and to be accepted into the program.

After waiting for a couple weeks I finally got a call as was scheduled to meet with the directors on November 30th at 1:20 pm for my interview.  I got all dressed up and was so excited I couldn't even stand it.  I went into the interview and left feeling alright about it.  I was so nervous I wouldn't get accepted into the program because I hadn't ever traveled outside of the U.S. and because I had never taken Art History of Photography classes.  I just left it at that and knew that whatever happened was meant to happen.

On December 5, 2012 I got an email saying I got accepted to the Europe: Art History and Photography Study Abroad program in May 2013 :) I was soooo excited!! I seriously could not believe I was really going to go to Europe!!


Within a couple months my entire life had changed...and to make it short and sweet, I GOT ENGAGED!! :) His name is Peter Hayward and he is literally the most amazing thing that happened to me.  I could go on and on about him and our love story but I can honestly say I have never been happier and I can't wait to marry him on August 9th and spend forever with him! The only down fall to getting engaged was I knew I would have to leave him at the beginning of May :(  This was a very hard decision but I knew exactly what I needed to do...I knew I was supposed to go on the study abroad and so that's what I prepared for.

I spent many hours and weekends planning our wedding and had wonderful help from so many people! Within weeks of getting engaged we had all the bridesmaid's and groomsmen outfits, my wedding dress, decorations bought, Pete's suit, and surprisingly much more!  With taking 19 credits at school, working, and planning a wedding I was crazy busy!  Pete and I spent every second with each other knowing we would have to leave each other at some point.  Time flew by and May got here sooner that I had expected.  I was stressed out of my mind trying to prepare to leave the country for a month.  It finally came down to it and I was all packed and ready to go, or as ready as I could be.  I said goodbye to Pete and we both were balling but we knew it was only a "see you later" and that we would see each other again on June 5th.

Anyways...to make this VERY long post end I want to share why my blog is called "My Mini Mission".  I strongly believe that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us.  Whether it's to go off to college, get married, or go on a mission I know that each of those experiences help us grow into the person we are meant to be.  I grew so much from going off to college, and I know I will learn SO much when I am married, but for some reason I feel like this study abroad program is my "mini mission" and that I am meant to be in Europe for some reason.  I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I may struggle through tears during hard times and smile and laugh with happiness during great times :)

More posts about my adventure coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Britt! I'm SO glad you're doing this blog! I know I'm super emotional, but I seriously teared up reading this. It's HARD and stressful to leave home, family, and an amazing boy, but you're right, you will grow in so many ways! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories!!! Love you!!! Have SO much fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete