Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 5: All over London!

This morning I got up bright and early at 6:30 am to FaceTime my wonderful fiance! I hadn't seen him or heard his voice since I left him Monday night and it was definitely worth getting up that early! After that I got ready and Lauren and I headed out for adventurous day at 9:30! We got on the tube and got off at Victoria and as we walked out of the Tube we decided to take a bus tour around London! So we bought our tickets and we were on our way!

The first stop was Buckingham Palace! We took tons of pictures and then the crowd was huge!! We sat and watched a little of the changing of the guards which was way cool!


Then we got back on the bus and headed to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, and the Houses of Parliament! 


We walked around and took lots of pictures and then got on a tour on the water! It was an awesome tour! We had a hilarious tour guide that gave us such great information! I learned so much about London that I wouldn't have learned otherwise! After that we got off and walked around the Tower of London and walked across the Tower Bridge!

  
Then we went to go get back on the bus we searched forever for a bus stop and we went into this creepy part of town and finally found one.  We got on and somehow got on the bus that had an audio guide, so we switched at the next stop.  We were so tired that we were falling asleep on the bus.  Lauren actually did fall asleep haha so I decided to wake her up at this one stop.  We got off not knowing where we were and ended up at Trafalgar Square.  It was like New York's Time Square! There was M&M world and lots of little gift shops! We pretty much went into every little store and by that point we were exhausted. 

 
We were thinking about going to a play tonight but ended up going and getting McDonald's.  We decided we would be much happier once we ate.  After we ate we went up this different street and as we turned the corner there were hundreds of stores! Stores that we recognized from home! We were so excited! :) 


We walked and walked and walked down the long street and guess what we found! VICTORIA SECRET!! I about died! :) :) :) It had 5 floors!! They had an Angel suite room with personal shoppers and their bathrooms had perfume to freshen up and amazing towels!! It was like I was in heaven!!  


Then we headed down another street and ended up on Oxford Street! There were even more shops there! We went to Forever 21 and H&M and by that point we were dragging our feet we were so tired.  We decided to head back home so we got on at a tube station we didn't know and somehow made it on the right line.  Lauren and I said that if it was going one way we'd head back home, but if it was going the other way we would somehow find our way back to Greenwich to get rain boots.  Well....it was heading toward Greenwich so we just went with it and hoped we would make it there! We got off the wrong station and had to backtrack to wander around to find the town.  It was so creepy.  I was so scared something was going to happen to us because we had NO clue where we were.  We finally came up to the main town after walking a couple blocks and found the store we wanted! Remember how I said I was going to get those Hunter boots I wanted? Well I got them and I am sooo happy! I absolutely LOVE them! 


We were very happy with our purchase and we were very excited to head back home! We got back on the Tube and headed home.  Once we got back to our main station it started to rain...a lot. So we walked through the rain back home and eventually after a very long 11 hour day made it home! We ate our pizza leftovers for dinner and then relaxed at our flat the rest of the night.  I got to FaceTime with Pete again! :) It made me super happy! I miss him like crazy and can't wait to see him again! It's been a very long day and I'm sure I'll be exhausted if I don't go to bed so I'll post again tomorrow! :) Hope you all are enjoying reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment