Today has been such a busy day and I feel like I can't even remember all of it, plus I don't have much time to blog tonight because I have so much to do before tomorrow. So I'll quickly tell you the major details of my wonderful day!
I went to the Pompidou museum which is France's modern and contemporary art. Courtney our teacher gave us a two hour lecture on major styles from the 1900s to the 2000s. I personally don't like modern and contemporary art so I wasn't really interested in looking around much, but here are some things I saw.
After the Pompidou we were set free to do whatever. Lauren and I decided to go to the Notre Dame Bell Tower :) We got crepes and then waited in line for about an hour and then we got to go up. About 600 plus stairs later we made it to the top! Here is the amazing view and some of the pictures I took.
We were so close to Shakespeare & Co. the book store so we had to go inside :) I got The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and even got the official stamp inside! We went to Subway for dinner and then headed back to our hotel.
When we got back to the hotel we only had an hour till we had to meet up with the group for a photo excursion. I have so much homework so I worked on that as much as I could but still didn't finish. We went over to the Bohemian District, went and saw Moulin Rouge (which I had no idea what it was), and then watched one of the students do a photo shoot which was the funniest thing ever. My teacher dressed up as a girl! I got some good pictures of it!
We then walked some more up the hill to this huge chapel and the lookout was amazing! There were so many people there and there was also this really cool black guy balancing a soccer ball on a light pole. He had some serious muscles and it was so cool watching him!
Our "photo excursion" didn't really turn into a photo excursion and we were allowed to do whatever we wanted. A group of us decided to leave so we went down into the town and did a little wandering around. Most of the group went to the Arc de Triomphe but Lauren and I came back to the hotel to get things ready for tomorrow and finish our homework. Well I'm off to finish my homework so I apologize for this short and not very exciting post! I'll be posting about my day tomorrow, I'm going to DISNEYLAND!!








No comments:
Post a Comment