After the museum we walked down to Manneken Pis. Apparently it's really famous because there were hundreds of people around the tiny little statue that was peeing haha we took our pictures and then ran into the most amazing thing ever...WAFFLES!!! :)
I can't tell you how excited we were to see waffles! Of course we all had to get one! It was the most amazing waffle I've ever had! I have a feeling I am going to be eating a lot of these while I am here! ;)
Then as we walked into the Grand Place it was getting a little colder but we saw chocolate so it didn't hit us :) We split off into groups and had to meet back at 2:30. It was just a couple minutes later that it literally started to down pour. It was windy, cold, hailing, and raining. It was miserable. My boots have a hole in the bottom so all the water soaked up my socks, it was not fun.
We met up with the group again and stayed under a chapel. We were supposed to go to two museums today but by that point everyone was cold and tired. So our directors made the decision to go back home and lecture :) best decision ever! They were only meeting with some of the classes and lucky me, NONE of my classes were meeting :) so I had the rest of the day to do whatever!
I of course went up to the room, got in warm sweats, got back in bed and got on my laptop. I mean what else would you do while you're in Europe?! ;) haha It was so nice to be able to just relax and not have to be out in the cold weather. It got down to 43 degrees, and the rain and wind made it even worse! I am so grateful that we have a safe and warm hotel that we are staying in! :)
So after getting in my warm bed I had the wonderful opportunity to Facebook message Pete :) just like the good old days! It was so good talking to him!! Only 13 more days till I get to see him!! The WiFi wasn't very good and so finally I just decided to put my laptop away and take a little nap. THREE hours later I woke up!! I can't believe I slept that long but it was soo nice! We joked about how we are in Brussels and we have stayed inside and slept all day haha
We all got up and went to go find some dinner. We went to this "hole-in-the-wall" place that they only thing I recognized was fries. Ordering was so hard because I don't speak French, so I just pointed to things and nodded my head. I wasn't quite sure what I had ordered at that point. When we got our food it was alright...the fries were pretty good but the meat patty thing was, well different.
Then we walked around a little bit and there was not one other female in sight. Everywhere we looked there were men! It kinda freaked me out but it's a good thing I had my mama Chelsie to protect me. We were in desperate need of some more chocolate so we found this place that had bulk items and guess what we got...CRISPY M&Ms :) They use to be my favorite and I am so sad they don't have them in the US anymore but I was so happy to find them! We bought a big pack to last us for the next couple of days :)
When we got back home we got right back in bed :) I don't think this will be a normal thing for the rest of the time I am in Europe because we rarely get breaks like this. But since we do get a break and I am literally exhausted, I am going to take it and enjoy it :)
Then as we walked into the Grand Place it was getting a little colder but we saw chocolate so it didn't hit us :) We split off into groups and had to meet back at 2:30. It was just a couple minutes later that it literally started to down pour. It was windy, cold, hailing, and raining. It was miserable. My boots have a hole in the bottom so all the water soaked up my socks, it was not fun.
We met up with the group again and stayed under a chapel. We were supposed to go to two museums today but by that point everyone was cold and tired. So our directors made the decision to go back home and lecture :) best decision ever! They were only meeting with some of the classes and lucky me, NONE of my classes were meeting :) so I had the rest of the day to do whatever!
I of course went up to the room, got in warm sweats, got back in bed and got on my laptop. I mean what else would you do while you're in Europe?! ;) haha It was so nice to be able to just relax and not have to be out in the cold weather. It got down to 43 degrees, and the rain and wind made it even worse! I am so grateful that we have a safe and warm hotel that we are staying in! :)
So after getting in my warm bed I had the wonderful opportunity to Facebook message Pete :) just like the good old days! It was so good talking to him!! Only 13 more days till I get to see him!! The WiFi wasn't very good and so finally I just decided to put my laptop away and take a little nap. THREE hours later I woke up!! I can't believe I slept that long but it was soo nice! We joked about how we are in Brussels and we have stayed inside and slept all day haha
We all got up and went to go find some dinner. We went to this "hole-in-the-wall" place that they only thing I recognized was fries. Ordering was so hard because I don't speak French, so I just pointed to things and nodded my head. I wasn't quite sure what I had ordered at that point. When we got our food it was alright...the fries were pretty good but the meat patty thing was, well different.
Then we walked around a little bit and there was not one other female in sight. Everywhere we looked there were men! It kinda freaked me out but it's a good thing I had my mama Chelsie to protect me. We were in desperate need of some more chocolate so we found this place that had bulk items and guess what we got...CRISPY M&Ms :) They use to be my favorite and I am so sad they don't have them in the US anymore but I was so happy to find them! We bought a big pack to last us for the next couple of days :)
When we got back home we got right back in bed :) I don't think this will be a normal thing for the rest of the time I am in Europe because we rarely get breaks like this. But since we do get a break and I am literally exhausted, I am going to take it and enjoy it :)



No comments:
Post a Comment