After that we went over to Notre Dame :) It was soo cool! It made me really want to watch the movie! We were only able to go inside today but we want to go back and go up to the bell towers :)
When we were done inside of Notre Dame, Lauren and I went to a little cafe and had lunch. We shared a ham and cheese sandwich and the most amazing crepe! I have a feeling that crepe's are going to be my weakness in Paris! After lunch we wandered around some souvenir shops and then somehow ended up at lover's bridge! The bridge was covered in locks! It was so cool! It made me really wish Pete was here with me so our love could be locked in Paris ;)
We had to meet back up with the group to head to the Cluny museum. Lauren and I went through it extremely fast and then had an hour to wait for the rest of the group so we just sat on a bench outside and relaxed!
Then we headed to the Pantheon. It use to be a church but it was made into a mausoleum for famous French celebrities like Victor Hugo, Voltaire, Rousseau, and many more! But before we headed in, we turned around and saw the Eiffel Tower for the first time in the distance. My heart about dropped! It was sooo close and I wanted to go to it right away! :) I can't believe I am actually in Paris!!
After the Pantheon we headed home so we could get dinner before we headed to the Eiffel Tower for photography :) We went to some Japanese place! I feel like I am trying all these new types of food over here, and I'm actually surprisingly liking a lot of them! :) I even got pretty good at using chop sticks!
On our way to the Eiffel Tower we stopped at the Inception bridge which was pretty cool! We were all freaking out about how close we were to the Eiffel Tower though so we didn't stay there long.
I can't believe I actually am at the EIFFEL TOWER!! :) :) :) I was like a little girl on Christmas and got butterflies just seeing it! It is amazing! It was so much better than I ever expected it to be!
We walked right up to it and I was in awe! It was huge! I just wanted to stay here forever! There were so many couples laying on the grass having a little picnic that it made me miss Pete so much! I can't wait to someday come back with him! :) We got there around 8:00 pm and watched the sunset while setting up our tripods for the big show! My photography teacher was very proud to call us his students :) For any of you thinking about doing a study abroad...DO IT! How amazing is it that I am taking a photography class in EUROPE! It's so much better than sitting in a classroom!
Around 9:45 we all started getting our cameras set up and we were all just sitting around talking when all of a sudden the most amazing thing happened...the Eiffel Tower started sparkling!!!! I have never been so excited! It was the prettiest thing ever! I just sat there in awe and how amazing it was!! We waited around for the next hour and tried different exposures with our cameras. It was so much fun!
We stuck around till 11:00 pm for the last sparkle and it was the most amazing way to end our night! I can't believe all the amazing things I have been able to do and see today :) I can't wait to Versailles tomorrow!













I am dying!! Ahh!! We miss you.. But this looks SO amazing and I hope you are loving Paris a little more than Brussels :)
ReplyDeleteLove you SO MUCH!! Can't wait to see you next week!